microsoft regional directors
The Microsoft Regional Director program has a new logo. In keeping with the spirit of Microsoft's 2012 corporate and product line rebranding, the RD logo was refashioned to reflect their new design asthetic:
- Segoe typeface
- Simple layout and icon
- Semantic HTML
- Small: 336 x 96 pixels white transparent
- Medium: 672 x 192 pixels white transparent
- Large: 1344 x 384 pixels white transparent
Compare the new logo with the previous version, which was in use for the past decade. It featured the as-of-then corporate typeface with a narrow band of the four primary Microsoft colors.
Then contrast the new logo within the larger Microsoft product family like Office and Xbox.
More details about the logo files
- Rendered from Adobe Illustrator
- File size minimized and optimized with OptiPNG
- Image height is evenly divisble by 16 or 24 pixels for typographical baseline
- The logo is a 3 ½ : 1 ratio
- The screen color is rgb (0, 125, 195) or hsl (202, 100%, 38%)
- For print, use cmyk (85, 50, 0, 0)
- Designed by Sean Dolinsky at Vertigo. Some of his early sketches.
Explore the source code at github.
Usage Guidelines PDF
We put together usage guidelines for the logo in a convienent 5-page PDF.
Download all the images in one 1.5M zip file. Contents are:
msrd-logo-96px.png 2,473 bytes msrd-logo-96px-alpha.png 2,473 msrd-logo-192px.png 5,444 msrd-logo-192px-alpha.png 5,308 msrd-logo-384px.png 11,927 msrd-logo-384px-alpha.png 11,557 msrd-logo.eps 523,270 msrd-guidelines.pdf 1,266,849
Built in Point Richmond, California (and a little bit in Reno, NV)